When on the support rotation, Production Engineers are responsible for:
- Working with trading, infrastructure, and technology desks to understand and react to issues as they arise during the trading day
- Monitoring the health of our trading infrastructure
- Configuring internal systems and communicating with external parties to ensure trading is operating safely and smoothly.
When off the support rotation, Production Engineers work on projects to improve the support infrastructure by:
- Writing code to improve the stack of tools and systems for managing, monitoring, and configuring our trading infrastructure.
- Working with Software Engineers across the firm to improve the reliability of existing applications
- Developing applications that improve the ability to support a wide variety of internal tools and systems
As a senior member of the team, in addition to engaging with these responsibilities in a hands-on way, we expect that you’ll also keep a thoughtful and empathetic perspective on the way in which the team functions and collaborates as a whole. You’ll generate ideas for how the firm can develop, improve, and spread the best practices. They also look to you for opinions and input when deciding what software you should build to improve the support experience and how we should interface with other internal teams. As you become more familiar with their project work, they hope you'll start to have a role in training and mentoring new colleagues.
- Strong programming skills
- Leadership experience in Production Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting
- Comfort operating in a Unix
- Can prioritize tasks effectively and manage projects from ideas to execution
- Has the desire to be a team debug leader and collaborate with colleagues across several departments and geographic regions
- Fluency in English required
- New York Location
- PermanentJob Type
- Competitive salary