Platform teams are small flat groups of experts that help research, implementation, and software engineering teams take their ideas from inception to production. Many areas of focus vary by team, but they all share common responsibilities and patterns of work:
- Design, implement, and deliver scalable and performant systems. Projects typically involve equal parts of engineering and operations for success in our fast-moving You will be expected to do both for projects, small and large, working with a mix of open-source and proprietary tools.
- Implementing You will be responsible for the conception and implementation of new automation from CI/CD pipelines to production metrics to other automation for the platform infrastructure that your team owns.
- Obsessive User Focus. All members of platform teams collaborate closely with peer engineers and/or researchers to build high-quality, efficient, and reliable This includes adapting to change and at times diving into new domains to deeply understand stakeholder needs.
- Capacity management and benchmark The demand for scale and performance is constant and involves challenging optimization problems for workloads critical to research and trading.
- Running our platform systems day-to-day. The platforms are mission-critical for the firm’s success and are very stable, and they want to keep it that way. Everybody on the team contributes to the support of the platforms, which they strive to make light through automation and quality work.
Below is a list of skills and experiences that we feel are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- Experience with systems programming and/or software engineering
- Practical experience supporting, debugging, and improving production systems and
- Experience using Linux and other Open-Source Software
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure-as-code frameworks
- Production experience working with a public cloud, AWS
- Qualified candidates will have at least one area of specialty platform knowledge: HPC, Trading, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Linux, Cloud Infrastructure, or Networking
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an Engineering or Applied Sciences field from a rigorous academic program or equivalent professional experience.
The salary range for this role is between $195,000 and $225,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed-upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.
- New York Location
- PermanentJob Type
- $22,500 - $195,000per annum