My clients want to develop solutions to some of the toughest data challenges on the planet, see real time results from their research and are looking to maximise your earning potential.
This particular firm is one of the most successful quantitative trading firms in the world, has won multiple industry awards and is consistently ranked as the top performing firm in this sector.
They are at the forefront of quantitative trading and only hire extraordinary people. All of their trading is automated, their technology will blow your mind, and strategies are devised by their highly experienced quantitative research teams with track records going back for a decade.
The emphasis here will be on hiring exceptional talent with a passion for turning gigantic data sets into tangible information. Several hires over the past two years have been from academic departments, from some Google and Facebook’s analytics teams as they left to join a smaller + more interesting firms, where results are quicker and the rewards (intellectual & financial) is far greater.
- Exceptional academic careers; a PhD or (preferably) a postdoctoral assignment in a technical discipline from a top tier University
- Outstanding aptitude for quantitative problem solving supported by strong foundations in maths/statistics
- Professional or academic experience working with large/noisy data sets
- Up to a few years of experience, or a keen interest in systematic or high frequency trading
- Quantifiable enthusiasm for applied/commercial problem solving
- Experience of programming in languages that can be used for more than just data analysis (Java, C++, C#, Python - NOT just Matlab or R)
- Applicants already working as a “desk quant” in a bank will not be right for this hiring
This is a great chance to accelerate a career in quantitative trading by working within a genuine market leader. It is a competitive space and our client has stayed at the front due to providing their current staff with the top tools to conduct their research and hiring the very best from industry and academia.
On joining you will be part of an existing highly profitable team and be exposed to all facets of the strategy lifecycle; from initial concepts through back testing and live trading. Candidates with experience devising trading strategies of their own in a commercial environment will have the chance to move rapidly through the ranks.
- London Location
- PermanentJob Type
- £150,000per annum